My Fitness Pal Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, May 20, 2013

Slow and Steady

Today, while I was running, I saw a turtle! Well, I think it was really more of a tortoise. Honestly, I don't know that much about breeds of shelled reptiles. But this sucker was huge! He was probably about the size of a dinner plate and remarkably tall for a turtle. He was just sitting on the sidewalk and I had to run into the grass to avoid him, because, frankly, he looked a little mean, like I probably didn't want to tangle with him. 

My run went terribly. I was supposed to run for 10 minutes, walk for 1, run for 30, walk for 2, then run for 10 more. I made it through the first 10 okay, then started on the 20. I had my left ankle/foot wrapped in an Ace bandage since I injured myself running the other day, and about 5 minutes into my 20 minutes run, it was causing my foot to cramp like crazy. So I stopped for a minute to re-wrap it, then started running again, but I could just never get my momentum back. I did two or three more stretches of running for a couple of minutes, but never did any more longer runs. At the end of my run, I felt really bad about myself. I had all these thoughts running through my head like, "Jeez, Melody, why can't you do this anymore? Maybe you should just give up and get fat. Why are you even trying?" 

And then I though about that turtle. 

That turtle moves so slowly. That turtle can only cover short distances at a time. But that turtle keeps on truckin'. He doesn't let anyone or anything stand in his way. I mean, I ran into that grass so as not to throw off his groove. He is determined to keep going regardless. 

And that is how I shall be henceforth. I shall be like that turtle.

(Today's photo comes to you from my couch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment