My Fitness Pal Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 28, 2013

Run Through The Jungle

I went jogging with Wes this evening. It was a little like being in a jungle because A) Wes doesn't know the best routes through the neighborhood yet and we kept running in spots where there was low-hanging foliage. He'll learn, though. B) It rained on us. I kept thinking of Jumanji and the monsoon. 

I learned something about myself, though. I'm really mean to myself when I run alone. I'm judgy and I get angry when I can't make it as far or as fast as I wish I could. Then I beat myself up afterward when my run doesn't go as well as planned. But I didn't do that tonight. I let Wes take the lead, I followed willingly, I took it easy, and you know what? I felt great at the end. We didn't go as far or cover as much distance as I do on my own, but who cares? I burned a few calories, I worked out with my beau, and I made my body just a little better. 

And now I can eat a little bigger dinner tonight.


(I'm growing out my eyebrows. Can you tell?)


No comments:

Post a Comment